BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I have long been away...

It's been quite a while since my last post... I am such a horrible blogger :(

I have a good excuse though, I finally moved to Switzerland!!! After a crap load of paper work, I have my residence permit!!! I moved completely in September and I'm still getting used to this place hence my long silence. It is such a beautiful city!!! I have an apartment that has a spectacular view of Lac Leman... even though I am paying too much money as rent and will have to find a cheaper place soon, it is worth it for the time being! Geneva is so diverse, I love it!!! I had packed all the natural hair products I could find when I was in the US but when I got here, there were so many hair shops and salons that can take care of my hair :)
This city is filled with Diplomats, Ambassadors, Top negotiators and other bigwigs in international relations... pretty cool!!!

Downside... well, more shitty paper work to do about insurance (health and something vague called "civil responsibility insurance"... wth??? It is compulsory and costs close to 300CHF... WTH... I am a responsible person, why do I need insurance to prove it civilly??? (hehehe... I know, I'm not making any sense). Trying to make new friends, getting used to the work in grad school, paying too much money every month (it is so freaking expensive to live in this place, I went to buy groceries the other day and decided to finally treat myself to some good meat for a change, I had to pay 9CHF for a measly looking piece of lamb)... sigh... I am also adjusting to switching between English and French and learning all my classes in French (I bought a tape recorder to record lectures... can' t seem to get everything the Professors say in class... too busy trying to stay awake...hehe...

Awww, I will stop babbling now, I will try to make posts more often... have to get back to my mountain of readings for tomorrows classes... Ciao ;)

0 comments: