BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tomorrow Died Yesterday.

Woah... it's been ages since I've been on Blogger! Life has been coming at me with a full force! So much has happened since my last post... moving to Beijing, difficulties in Beijing, love in Beijing, life in Beijing, traveling to Singapore, visa run to Mongolia, the Vietnam fiasco, trip to Nigeria, a wedding in the family, new awareness of my culture and the constraints of womanhood in Nigeria, new job prospects, job disappointments, loss of self esteem, escapism, loss of something that wasn't mine, moving to Shenyang, trip to South Korea... I could go on forever. I will slowly write about all these things in the coming weeks. It's been hard to blog from China, my VPN is crap and it is always such a hassle to scale the Great Firewall... I am also very lazy...hehehe. The gist of today- I read one of the best books I've ever read in my entire life this summer. It is a book called "Tomorrow Died Yesterday" by Chimeka Garricks. This book is pure genius. If you want to understand the history of the Niger-Delta, the history of militancy and kidnapping, the Nigerian legal system, the politics of oil companies, the mind-set of young Niger-deltans and the role of security operatives in oil bunkering, please, I beg of you, read this book. It is very hard to describe how this book made me feel. I read all in four hours... that is how good it is. I will read it again and again...aaaah... It is about 3:00am here, so I should probably go to bed.

3 comments:

cosmicyoruba said...

Hello you! I can't begin to express how much I missed your presence online! It has been ages, ages. I hope life coming at you in full force has been mostly good. I look forward to your upcoming posts *excited*

LaPenseuse said...

Hello Cosmic!!!

Sorry it took me so long to reply! I've been having endless internet woes over here! I missed reading your blog! Life has been good and bad to me, it's difficult to find a balance. I hope my internet woes are finally over so that I can really blog some more!
I hope you are doing great!!! <3

cosmicyoruba said...

Oh bummer. I understand re finding a balance. I hope so too! Because you're one person I'm looking at for my China gig. I totally feel you on the visa wahala.

I'm doing great!