I am thinking of leaving Geneva. Well, at least for now... I'm not sure where I am going to go this time if I leave. Geneva is great but it seems to be the place to be when you are older and further in your career, when you are some kind of big-shot. I'm just beginning so I always feel out of place and a bit isolated at my work. It is a great place to live when you are earning tons of money so that you can buy a chalet in the mountains and eat a thousand year old cheese for breakfast every morning (yuck). Okay, I exaggerate just a bit.
I think this is the perfect time to move to another place. Most of my friends have been transferred somewhere else. We all came to Geneva at the same time but they all left to do more interesting work elsewhere. It is a bit hard to go making new friends after two years of being around the same people. Also, I have no family here, neither am I in a relationship at the moment. It can get a bit lonely. booohooo. (ha!)
I am also almost done with my dissertation (ahem* ahem* not quite...hehehe) 
Actually, I am drowning in an ocean of laziness and procrastination, yes, I have only done the first three chapters and the deadline is on the 15th of next month. I thrive on panic and I fart in the face of danger!!!
I will get it done! (chanting to self)
But seriously, when my dissertation is done by next month (by a great and mighty miracle), I feel like I should move. I need to figure out my next step because my permit expires in October. I love my job but I feel so isolated in the office (I am the only one in my 20s, everyone else is at least 45 years old). I can't take it anymore. I don't feel like renewing my permit or staying in Geneva. (Well, I would reconsider if there was a mysterious massive increase in my earnings hehehehe)
I usually have things planned a couple of months ahead but this time, I am feeling quite lost. It's only been two years but I really want to leave all of a sudden!!! It would be easier if I had tons of job offers, you know, people dying to hire me and pay me tons of cash. :P
I Know Your Name 我知道你的名字
4 years ago

6 comments:
Thanks for dropping by my blog. ♥
Sounds like you have an exciting time ahead of you! Good luck in choosing a dream place to settle in. :)
xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
lol i want to visit geneva and you want to leave it, how ironic!
@ Cat Hag, you are very welcome, I LOVE your blog!!! Thanks :)
A Kitkat
hehehe... the grass is always greener on the other side! You should definitely visit Geneva!!! :)
I usually get an itch to move to a new place every two or three years, that's why I'm feeling restless!
I definitely don't mind playing in the pool of procrastination. You have 3 months to seriously look into a new job or a new location.
Make pros & cons, and seek out new opportunity, and if you find it, you can move, if not stay and find a way to enjoy Geneva :)
I think after a while we all get sick of doing the same things over and over.
Well atleast pple like me
I hate routines!
As lovely as L.A is, I am getting tired of it.
I'm ready to oudie...even if for a while.
It'll always be home but the world is far too big.
So many places to see, so many things do.
Anyway, Hope things work out for the best for you.
@Chell
The pros vs. cons list is a great idea! I should do that, in fact, I'll do that right now!!! Thanks:)
@ Dith
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! You live in L.A? Fabulous!!! I would love to go to L.A someday! :)
Post a Comment