BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Mémoire-thèse"


(I love the picture of the murderous exam, stole it from google)


I am on the final leg of my thèse, I made it through all the horrible law exams and papers, hallelujah!!! I am definitely glad the exams are over...FOREVER!!!! I thought I was going to die under the stress and pressure. So long SUCKER!!!

BUT this is the time that I have been dreading!!! I just submitted a 40 page final bibliography (yes, my supervisor is the DEVIL... or his cousin!!!), a plan détaillé and an abstract. I spent so much time on the bibliography because I had to have a good amount of jurisprudence-case law, which can be such a drag. All the time I spent on finding sources, I forgot that I also had to do the plan détaillé and the abstract, I was in a lot of trouble when the deadline hit.



I am writing about the Protocol against Smuggling of Migrants and the Protocol to prevent, punish and suppress Trafficking of persons. I love my topic but dreading the work because my supervisor is so scary. For one, He is THE expert on Refugee law and international migration laws, therefore, he knows everything and I know almost nothing. He is also French. French professors scare the crap out of me because they have this "god" complex, i.e. you are a tiny fly on the windscreen of their academic careers whose life can be exterminated by the wiper of their academic grandeur (I don't care if that description doesn't make any sense!!! hehehe)


(I am losing my stripes too!)

I feel like my work is always not enough, even at times when he says that I have made some progress! I dread having to meet with him to discuss the research, even writing the e-mails to him are scary!!! I should have chosen a nice professor who smiles (at the very least) and does not make me feel like a stupid butt... hehehe... but no, I had to ask the grinch. He has the fewest "advisees" because all students find it hard to get on his good side, we don't even know IF he has a good side...ahahahahaha...okay, I'll stop bashing him, in all fairness, his god complex is not for nothing...he deserves all the academic adoration and fear he gets. I just wish things were a bit easier for me. I still have a couple of months to work with him and I hope I can get through it without tearing out all my hair and chewing off my fingers!!!

0 comments: